Production Supervisor – Philadelphia
VisionCorps, a values driven organization, has an exciting employment opportunity for a full time Production Supervisor in our Philadelphia facility.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency and knowledge in all areas of a designated product line meeting the requirements of Class 1 & 2 position profiles
- Ensure all information, supplies, equipment and materials are available for work to proceed unimpeded
- Monitors production to assure adherence to quality standards, production requirements, and schedules personnel accordingly
- Provides direct supervision and coordinates the efforts of the team members to ensure timely production
- Provides individualized training for all operations within the production line
- Works with management to increase blind employment through job modification, and assistive technology
- Responsible for documenting performance issues on a daily basis
- Works closely with quality team to ensure safe products and production
- Processes payroll data on each employee working in their area
- Generates packing slips, and transfers orders to be invoiced
- Daily production and quality tracking, logs, and associated reports
- Communicates job expectations via 1:1 coaching meetings and position profiles
- Reviews and approves electronic time sheets in a timely manner
- Provides staff with information related to upcoming training opportunities
- Conducts annual review meeting and recommendations for final incentive opportunities
- Ensures that staff have the needed materials to complete their duties successfully
- Minimum of High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Two or more years of production related experience with the ability to direct employees in a diversified work environment preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must be flexible as schedule may require additional time
- Must possess basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess good communication skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience, ideal
- Primarily works in a climate-controlled area
- May be exposed to fumes, dust and outdoor weather conditions
- Must be able to sit at desk for periods of time
- Must be able to work in the production area
- Travels to other locations as needed
- Periodic use of company vehicle is required
- Must be able to carry, lift, push and or move up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Must be able to spend considerate amount of time stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Fine motor skills – use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Must be able to travel safely and independently
- Ability to verbally communicate and hear
VisionCorps offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, holidays, health, dental, and life insurance and more.
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements by APPLYING ONLINE
- All VisionCorps employees are employed at-will.
- VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action Plan employer.
- VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
- VisionCorps promotes a Drug and Smoke Free workplace.
Qualified individuals may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
244 North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603