Access Technology Specialist – Lancaster
VisionCorps, a values driven organization, has an exciting employment opportunity for a full time Access Technology Specialist in our Lancaster or York facility.
- Primarily provides assessment, recommendations, and instruction to agency clients/employees on computer access including screen access and magnification software/hardware, video magnifiers, OCR, phones, tablets, refreshable Braille devices, adaptive equipment, smart glasses, and other viable technology.
- Provides training to employees who are vision impaired on agency computer platforms (Excel, Business Central, SAS etc.) to increase work efficiency bridging technology with current job functions when needed.
- Provide technical assistance, product support, and sometimes installation assistance to clients using mainstream software and accessible devices.
- Serves as consultant and advisor for issues of compliance and accessibility related to technology for the agency.
- Leads and facilitates technology focused client related educational groups and writes technology informational articles for website, blogs and newsletter as needed.
- Helps to manage inventory and maintenance of technology devices within the department.
- Helps to make contacts and secure contracts with vendors in the field.
- Provides public education and advocacy on blindness issues in all aspects of VisionCorps services.
- Keep up to date on all training and advances with access technology
- Any other duties or special projects assigned by the supervisor.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred not required
- CATIS certification preferred but not necessary
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Access Technology Instructor for the blind or 5+ years as a user who demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the software products required.
- Must have or be able to pass clearances for PA criminal history, child abuse and FBI fingerprinting
- Must be able to travel independently and safely in most environments
- Daily travel to Chester, Lancaster, Lebanon, York and Adams Counties
- Office environment and at client homes, work, schools and other community locations
- Must be able to carry, lift, and push equipment up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to spend considerate amount of time standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Fine motor skills – use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Must be able to travel safely and independently
- Must be able to verbally communicate and hear
VisionCorps offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, holidays, health, dental, and life insurance and more.
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements by APPLYING ONLINE
- All VisionCorps employees are employed at-will.
- VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action Plan employer.
- VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
- VisionCorps promotes a Drug and Smoke Free workplace.
Qualified individuals may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
244 North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603