PT Lions Sight Coordinator
VisionCorps, a values driven organization, has an exciting employment opportunity for a part time Lions Sight Coordinator in our Lebanon Facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Document demographic criteria, household income and expenses, and eye care needs for individuals who need vision related eye care or aids. Intake will include but is not limited to the identification and assessment of clients’ social service, vision rehabilitation, medical, and financial needs. Coordinator will refer to community resources as needed.
- Coordinator will report the needs of the community to Lions Club members and assist in the coordination of community outreach programs. Coordinator will compile data to produce a monthly Sight Committee Report to be presented at the monthly/quarterly Lions Sight Meeting.
- Coordinator will provide oversight and coordination of two large, annual, community events including the supervision of volunteers.
- Coordinator will provide communication with staff of program participating doctors’ offices, eye clinics, hospitals, and vision rehabilitation agencies.
- Coordinator will provide public speaking and promotional writing as needed to promote Sight Committee progress, process, and goals.
- Coordinator will assist Social Services Case Manager (SSCM) with monthly Support Group prep, transportation and facilitation.
- As available, Coordinator will provide transportation for clients to doctor appointments/ grocery shopping as coordinated with SSCM.
- As available, Coordinator will provide support services to clients in need as coordinated with SSCM.
- Participate in monthly Department meetings
- Participate in Company events
- Keep up to date on all training
- Any other duties or special projects assigned by the VP of Rehab and Lion’s Sight Committee
- High School equivalency
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred
- Experience working with people with vision impairments preferred
- Must have or pass Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance and Motor Vehicle check from the state of PA
- Must have availability of personal vehicle for travel (if necessary)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Must be able to sit at desk for periods of time.
- Must be able to sit in a vehicle for periods of time.
- Works with clients and others in the community.
- Must be able to carry, lift, and push equipment up to 20lbs.
- Must be able to spend considerate amount of time stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Must be able to travel safely and independently.
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements by APPLYING ONLINE
- All VisionCorps employees are employed at-will.
- VisionCorps is an Affirmative Action Plan employer.
- VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
- VisionCorps promotes a Drug and Smoke Free workplace.
Qualified individuals may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. VisionCorps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
244 North Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603