VisionCorps Foundation Scholarship Program
All applicants for these scholarships:
- Must be legally blind (visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better corrected eye, or a visual field of 20 degrees or less in the better corrected eye as confirmed by a physician).
- Must be a legal U.S. citizen residing in Pennsylvania.
- Must be enrolled in or under consideration for admission to post-secondary educational or technical institutions.
Applicants must submit scholarship application and supporting documents, in their entirety, on time. Applicants will only be considered for the scholarship selected on the application, and only if all requirements are met.
All applications must include the following:
- Completed online application.
- Official transcripts of post-secondary school in which you are currently enrolled, or high school transcripts with SAT and/or ACT results.
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from educational resource).
- Proof of legal blindness (either a letter from an optometrist or ophthalmologist clearly stating you are legally blind, or this form completed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist).
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers or proof of legal residency).
Scholarship Application Timeline
Applications for scholarships are accepted between October 1 of the present year and February 1 of the following year for assistance the next fall term. (For example, if tuition assistance is desired for the 2016-2017 school year, the application should be received between October 1, 2015 and February 1, 2016.) Applications submitted outside of this timeframe will not be acknowledged nor returned to the applicant. Applicants will be called upon for a telephone interview during the month of February or March. Scholarship decisions will be made and distributed no later than the end of June.
Upon submission of this application electronically, please send all corresponding documentation (listed below) in one envelope, postmarked by February 1 of the current cycle, to:
244 N. Queen Street
Lancaster PA 17603
Supporting documentation needs to include the following to be considered for a scholarship:
- Official transcripts from current school in which you are enrolled;
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from educational resource);
- Proof of legal blindness; and,
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 717-393-5894.
Form for legal blindness: https://nfb.org/images/nfb/documents/pdf/confirmation-of-legal-blindness.pdf